- Hyperlipidemia/high cholesterol
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Osteoporosis-low bone mass and deterioration of the bone tissue
- Weight Management – Available at some locations if BMI > 27 with accompanying medical condition that can be improved with weight loss
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - e.g.: Diverticular Disease, Gastroesophageal Reflux, Liver Disease, Dumping Syndrome, Celiac Disease*, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Diarrhea & Constipation.
- Low Body Weight or Unexplained Weight Loss: Low Body Weight < 18.5 and/or significant weight loss.
- Disordered Eating and/or Body Image - Eating disorders or abnormal eating behaviours that are disruptive to normal life.
Location & contact information
For more information about specific dietitian led educational programs and services in your area:
835 East River Road
New Glasgow, NS
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday form 8am-4pm.
- Outpatinet Clinical Nutrition Dietitian - 902-752-7600 ext. 2119
- Inpatinet Dietitian - 902-752-7600 ext. 2117
- Diabetes Clinic Dietitian - 902-752-7600 ext. 4700
- Orthopedic Assessment Unit Dietitian - 902-752-7600 ext. 1194.
NCMH Primary Health Care Clinic
260 Church St.,
902-243-2521 Ext 6021
Friday 8:00 -4:00
158 Robert Angus Drive
Amherst, Nova Scotia
Hours of Operation: 8:00 am-4:00 pm (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday/Closed Thursday)
How do I sign up?
The process varies by region
Forms and Documents
Nutrition Education Clinic (NEC) referral forms for the following locations only:
- QEII Health Sciences Centre (.pdf)
- Dartmouth General Hospital (.pdf)
- Hants Community Hospital (.pdf)
- Cobequid Community Health Centre (.pdf)
*Hyperlipidemia and Weight Management classes only
- Twin Oaks Memorial Hospital (.pdf)
- Musquodoboit Valley Memorial Hospital (.pdf)
- Eastern Shore Memorial Hospital (.pdf)
- Community Health & Wellness Centre, North Preston (.pdf)