This program is offered at the Yarmouth Regional Hospital to people referred to the Out-patient dietitian who are 18 years of age or over and have at least one of the following conditions:
- Lipid abnormalities
- Overweight / obese
- Need for healthy lifestyle education
The goal is to help people manage various health conditions, support them with a plan to improve their health, and build their confidence to carry out this plan through learning about:
- What it means to eat healthy
- What a complete physical activity program looks like
- Goal setting and action planning
- Other things that can be done to live well
The program begins with a 2 ½ hour group session, followed by monthly 1 hour group follow-up appointments
Location and contact information
How do I get an appointment?
You can call 902-742-3542 ext. 1246 to make an appointment or your health care provider can refer you.
* This is not a drop-in clinic, appointments are required.