Renovations begin at Halifax Infirmary’s Summer Street lobby
As the QEII Redevelopment project continues, renovation work is beginning on the Halifax Infirmary’s Summer Street lobby. The Summer Street entrance will remain open during these renovations, which will include:
- Upgrades on the two staircases leading to the second floor. One staircase will remain open at all times. Work will be approximately three weeks per staircase.
- Upgrades to the main level washrooms, which will be unavailable for two weeks during renovations. Washrooms on the second floor will be available.
Continuing over the winter/spring, renovations will also include:
- Upgrades to the existing information desk including patient registration capacity
- Creation of a dedicated screening area
- Relocation of the Wall of Honor donor wall
Following internal lobby renovations, construction will begin on an exterior vestibule entrance.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation during the redevelopment work.