Mobile upper respiratory access clinic in Sydney
The mobile upper respiratory access clinic has an upcoming clinic date:
Sydney – Grand Lake Road Fire Hall
850 Grand Lake Road
Saturday, May 27 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The clinic will address non-urgent, low-acuity respiratory issues and is not an emergency service. Types of concerns that may be addressed at the clinic include:
• Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV)
• Shortness of breath
• Ear pain
• Sore throat
This is not a drop-in clinic. Appointments can be booked by phone by calling (902) 574-3275. Phone lines will open at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 27.
Upon arrival at the clinic, you will be asked the reason for your visit to ensure your concerns can be treated. Please have your health card ready.
Please note other options for care:
• Do not hesitate to visit an emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency. Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911.
• Nova Scotians who are on the Need a Family Practice Registry may now access VirtualCareNS, which provides free, temporary access to primary health care. Visit virtualcarens.ca to register or request a virtual visit. VirtualCareNS is not an emergency service.
• For general health advice and information call 811, which is a service offered 24 hours a day, seven days a week by experienced registered nurses.
• The provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line can also be reached 24/7 by calling 1-888-429-8167.