Mobile primary care clinic for Richmond County
Nova Scotia Health’s mobile primary care clinic has an upcoming clinic in Richmond:
Strait Richmond Hospital, 138 Hospital Rd., Evanston
Saturday, April 29 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
This is a temporary service to provide an appropriate primary care setting for mild or moderate health concerns.
This is not a drop-in clinic. To schedule an appointment, please call 1-902-578-3829. Phone lines will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 28 for pre-booking, and at 8:30 on Saturday for same-day appointment booking. The number of appointments is limited.
Have your health card and a list of medications ready upon arrival. Care will be provided using a team approach, which includes nurse practitioners and family physicians.
This clinic is not a substitute for your primary care provider (doctor or nurse practitioner). However, there are times when you may not be able to see your primary care provider, or you do not have a primary care provider. Your patience is greatly appreciated as we aim to provide you the best possible care.
The clinic can only address non-urgent, low-acuity health issues and is not an emergency service. See a list of the types of concerns below if you are not sure where to go.
Types of concerns that may be addressed at the mobile primary care clinic include:
• Prescription refills or renewals (except for controlled substances)
• Minor respiratory symptoms
• Sore throat
• Minor gastrointestinal concerns (vomiting and diarrhea)
• Cough, flu, or cold symptoms
• Urinary tract infections
• Muscle pain
Specimen collection, diagnostic collection, or pelvic examinations will not be part of the mobile service.
Please note other options for care:
• Do not hesitate to visit an emergency department if you are experiencing an emergency. Anyone with urgent medical needs should call 911.
• Nova Scotians who are on the Need a Family Practice Registry may access VirtualCareNS, which provides free, temporary access to primary health care. Visit www.virtualcarens.ca to register or request a virtual visit. VirtualCareNS is not an emergency service.
• For general health advice and information call 811, which is a service offered 24/7 by experienced registered nurses.
• The provincial Mental Health and Addictions Crisis Line can also be reached 24/7 by calling 1-888-429-8167.
Additional local resources are available at www.nshealth.ca/wheretogoforhealthcare.
We will keep communities updated as future dates and additional community locations are determined, or if there are changes to the current schedule.
Additional information can be found at www.nshealth.ca/mobileprimarycare.