prideHealth works to improve access to health services which are safe, coordinated, comprehensive, and culturally appropriate for people who are gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, Two-Spirited, intersex, queer, and questioning (members of the LGBTIQ+ community).
- Services within the Health System, such as STIBBI (sexually transmitted and blood borne infections) testing, and services related to gender transition
- Resources in the community such as peer supports, social groups, and advocacy
- Navigation through the health system
- Workshops and learning opportunities on LGBTIQ+ health
- LGBTIQ+ cultural competency training for health professionals and family practices
- General health and wellness information
- Sexual health information
- Referrals for addictions, mental health, and other health services
- Information and referrals for transgender and gender identity issues
Location, hours and contact information
How do I access this service?
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing hormone therapy in Nova Scotia. This tool was developed in partnership with Gabriel Enxuga from The Youth Project and Halifax Sexual Health Centre.
Gender Affirming Surgery
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the various steps for accessing gender affirming surgery in Nova Scotia.
prideHealth houses an interactive online tool to help people understand the process of officially updating your government and identity documents to reflect your lived gender identity.
Request a card or send a card in recognition of The International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia
In recognition of The International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia on May 17, prideHealth and the NSHA/IWK Pride Network are showing our love and support for the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. We will be sending out personal cards designed by a local queer designer to anyone who identifies as 2SLGBTQIA+ for the remainder of the month of May.
If people would like to receive a card or send one to someone they love please fill out the google form below.
Further, for those people living in the HRM Pride Health will be delivering cards and treats from a local queer business on May 22nd only. People can indicate if they’d prefer the card by mail or delivery.