Chronic Pain Services
Chronic Pain

Chronic pain services helps individuals reduce pain and improve their health, function and well-being. The chronic pain team provides assessments, treatments and education to people with chronic pain. 

The team includes doctors, nurses, physiotherapists and other health care professionals that specialize in pain management. Services may vary based on facility. Please check with your location about the services available to you.

Some of the strategies they may recommend include:

  • Education on self-management and understanding pain
  • Medication
  • Psychological support
  •  Exercise and physical therapy
  • Nutritional counseling
  • Relaxation strategies
  • Nerve blocks
  • Ergonomic strategies
  • Strategies for improving sleep, physical fitness, energy/fatigue, nutrition, and mental health
  • Connecting to social and community services

More about this clinic

Location, hours and contact information

Cape Breton Regional Hospital, level 3
Tel: 902-567-8183
Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Closed on holidays

Colchester East Hants Health Centre
Tel: 1-800-270-4776 ext.3312
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Cumberland Regional Health Centre
Tel: 1-800-270-4776 ext 3312
Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Dickson Building, level 4
Victoria General site
Tel: 902-473-4130
Hours: Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Hants Community Hospital
Tel: 902-792-2271
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

New Glasgow Community Health Centre
690 East River Road, New Glasgow, NS
Tel: 1-800-270-4776 ext. 3312
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Northside General Hospital, level 5
Tel: 902-794-2369
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed on Holidays

St. Martha’s Regional Hospital
Tel: 1-800-270-4776 ext. 3312
Tuesdays: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Western Kings Memorial Health Centre
Tel: 902-538-7102
Fax: 902-538-7996
Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Yarmouth Regional Hospital
Tel: 902-742-3542 ext. 1692
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 

How do I get an appointment?

A referral from your doctor or nurse practitioner is required.

Forms and Documents

Learn More