Parrsoro Emergency Department Closures, Week of April 24 through 30
Nova Scotia Health Authority is advising the public the emergency department at the South Cumberland Collaborative Emergency Centre in Parrsboro will be CLOSED as follows:
• Monday, April 24 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, April 26 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Thursday, April 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Friday, April 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, April 29 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Sunday, April 30 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
These closures are necessary because no physician coverage is available.
The overnight coverage (8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.) provided by the paramedic/registered nurse/oversight physician team will be available as usual.
Those experiencing a medical emergency should always call 911. General health concerns can also be directed to HealthLink 811 where advice and information are available around the clock by simply dialing 811. The Mental Health Crisis Line operates 24/7 at 1-888-429-8167.
Anyone who is unclear on a proper course of action may also contact the Hospital at 902-254-2540 extension 1.
-- 30 –
Contact: Ann Keddy, Communications and Public Relations, 902-664-6359