Parrsboro ED Temporary Closures - Week of August 12-18
Nova Scotia Health Authority is advising the public the emergency department at the South Cumberland Collaborative Emergency Centre in Parrsboro will be CLOSED as follows:
• Sunday, August 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Monday, August 13 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Tuesday, August 14 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, August 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
• Saturday, August 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
These closures are necessary because no physician coverage is available.
The department is open during overnight hours (8:30 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.) with coverage provided by the paramedic/registered nurse/oversight physician team.
Those experiencing a medical emergency should always call 911. General health concerns can also be directed to HealthLink 811 where advice and information are available around the clock by simply dialing 811. The Mental Health Crisis Line operates 24/7 at 1-888-429-8167.
Anyone who is unclear on a proper course of action may also contact the Hospital at 902-254-2540 extension 1.
Contact: Eileen MacIsaac, Communications, 902-759-4668