The emergency department is on the main level of the hospital and is open 24 hours a day. Please go directly to the department and ring the bell. For patients arriving after 8 p.m., please use the buzzer outside the entrance as the doors are locked.
If you need help immediately, call 911.
To access the mental health mobile crisis team call 902-429-8167 or toll-free at 1-888-429-8167. This is a 24 hour, seven days a week phone service to help you or your loved one cope with mental health and addiction challenges in the moment.
Clinics and Services
- Acute Care
- Adult Day Clinic
- Adult Mental Health & Addiction Prevention and Treatment Services
- Ambulatory Care
- Clinical Nutrition
- Community & Inpatient Occupational Therapy
- Community Blood Collection
- Community Services
- Continuing Care – Care Coordinator and Home Care Nursing
- Diabetes Management Centre
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Home Care Nova Scotia
- IWK Health Centre - Mental Health and Family Services (via Telehealth)
- Laboratory Services
- Moblie Nova Scotia Breast Screening Clinic
- Nova Scotia Hospital Outreach
- NS Hearing and Speech
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Primary Care Physicians
- Public Health
- Red Cross Loan Cupboard
- Respite Care
- Seniors Mental Health
- Sexual Health Center
- Social Services
- Social Work
- Spiritual Care
- Well Women’s Clinic
Visitors are welcome daily according to patient preference and care needs. Please check with nursing staff.
WiFi and Internet Access
Free public WiFi.
We make every effort to make sure your stay with us is as comfortable as possible. Patients requiring semi-private or private rooms for medical reasons always have priority; however, private or semi-private rooms may be available on request.
Private room: $175 per day - Includes one bed and one washroom.
Semi-private room: $155 per day - Includes two beds separated by curtains and one washroom.
Ward room: Covered under your Nova Scotia Health Card (MSI) - Includes three or four beds (separated by curtains) and one washroom.
Space in our private and semi-private rooms is limited. The sooner we have your insurance information the more likely we are to be able to accommodate your request.
When the booking clerk calls with your hospital admission date, let them know you are interested in a private or semi-private room.
When you are admitted, be sure to have your private insurance card with you and let the admitting clerk know you have requested a private or semi-private room.
TV and Phone in your Room
During your stay in hospital, you have the option of activating your bedside telephone service.
How to connect, transfer or disconnect your telephone
- Dial 499 from your bedside telephone and a BellAliant representative will arrange to have your telephone service connected, transferred to another bed, or disconnected.
- BellAliant’s office is open Monday to Saturday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., except holidays.
- If you have questions about the service, please call 1-800-760-8969.
- When you are discharged remember to dial 499 to request that your phone be disconnected so that billing is stopped.
- If you forget to request your hospital phone disconnected before discharged to home, call 1-800-760-8969 Monday to Saturday between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. to arrange disconnection.
Service and Connection Rates
- There is a $10 connection charge to set up in-hospital phone service.
- The following fees also apply:
- $2 per day for the first 15 days
- $1.25 per day for each additional day up to and including 30 days
- $0.75 for each day after 30 days
- Daily service and connection charges are billed to your BellAliant home telephone account.
- If you are with another provider, BellAliant will create a separate account for the duration of your hospital stay.
- Your bill can be paid the same way you would pay any other BellAliant bill.
Bedside TV services are available in each of the patient rooms through Bell Satellite service. The following rates apply:
- Daily: $5
- Weekly: $25
- Monthly: $100
- Palliative care patients and patients approved and awaiting long-term care receive this as a free service.
How to set up bedside TV service
- If you wish to activate your TV, let your nursing staff know.
- Staff are available from Monday to Friday between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to set up your TV service.
- We can address any questions or concerns, receive cash payment and process your request.
During your stay at the hospital, you will receive breakfast, lunch and supper daily. You can choose from a variety of options each day. The menus typically include:
- Breakfast: An assortment of homemade muffins, hot and cold cereals, yogurt and fruit, coffee or tea.
- Lunch: Choose from soup and sandwiches, mixed vegetables, pasta and casseroles, including dessert of fresh fruit or a sweet.
- Supper: Options include meat, fish, potatoes and vegetables.
If you follow a special diet or have food-related allergies or sensitivities, let us know when you arrive.
The procedure for ordering meals will be further discussed on admission by dietetic technicians. If you need help filling out your menu, or feel you or your family member may be unable fill out the menus daily, please talk to the dietetic technicians.
Cafeteria and Vending Machines
Lighthouse Café, main level
Hours of operation:
Open daily: 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., noon to 1 p.m., 3 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Spiritual Spaces and Quiet Rooms
Requests for spiritual care can be made by patients, family member and/or any member of the inter-disciplinary health care team.
Eastern Memorial Hospital is located in Canso, Nova Scotia. Located 130 kilometers from St. Martha's Regional Hospital, Eastern Memorial Hospital serves the health care needs of the residents of local communities in the eastern portion of Guysborough County.